Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 users can now breathe easy as an Official update for Indian users has just pushed via KIES tool which is Samsung’s very own tool for managing your phone. Since many of the users are on the beta versions of the firmware, KIES won’t be recognizing the firmware. So the only way you can apply the firmware is by either reverting back to the original stock firmware or you can apply this update manually which we will be checking out in the due course of the article. This all new update is dubbed as Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDLA1 and is the official KIES release for all the users of INDIA but all the users from rest of the countries too can apply this update.
Disclaimer: Please note that this process of firmware update is not recommended for the basic users and is only recommended for the advanced users. Also, we should not be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in any manner after applying this update.
- Please note that if you apply this firmware then it doesn’t mean that the phone is rooted.
- If you have rooted your device then after applying this firmware, the rooting access will be revoked.
Note: For all the users who are asking for all the files including the files like Boot loader, Phone and CSC, these files aren’t available with this current firmware version as it’s a leaked version of the official update. As in when we get all the files, we will surely update the same. We are aware of issues faced by some users in the recent updates and we really apologize the same.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- Caution (Not for INDIA users): Don’t backup the data using the KIES as after the update KIES won’t be detecting your phone as its not Official firmware for your region.
- Ensure that the battery level left in your device is minimum of 60% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned off in the middle of firmware update. Also, you need to disable all the Antivirus / firewall suites in your computer as these tools tend to interrupt the process of firmware update. Also, close the KIES completely in your computer.
So, assuming that you are aware of Essential pre Requisites which you need to follow then you can proceed further where we have summed up the procedure to apply this update. It’s very important to follow all the instructions mentioned so as to make sure that the update is applied safely and securely. Let’s go further where we have summed up the instructions to apply this update in your Samsung Galaxy Y S5360.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Y with DDLA1 Official Global Gingerbread update:
- Download Gingerbread 2.3.6 Official DDLA1 Package from here to your computer. Unzip the same to get the files as shown in the below screen capture. Also, you need to Download PIT File from here to your computer.
- Now, enable the USB Debugging Mode in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Turn Off the phone so as to enter the phone in the download mode. The download mode can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + Middle button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- Now, open the Odin in your computer and connect the Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 to the computer in the download mode and after which you will see that the ID : COM section will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully updated and you are now ready to proceed to the next step.
Caution: Don’t proceed if the ID : COM section doesn’t turn yellow or else your phone will be bricked.
- Select the below mentioned files by clicking on the corresponding options in Odin.
Boot loader: DefaultCalDataWithBoot_S5360DDLA1_REV05.tar.md5
- Once you are done with the selection, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Once the update is applied successfully, the device will be restarting and you may be asked to enter the Google Account preferences along with the Internet connectivity options etc.
- Turn Off the phone so as to enter the phone in the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. In the recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys.
- In recovery mode, select “++++ Go Back ++++” and press the power button on the option of “reboot system now” for restarting the device.
Tip: If KIES is still not detecting the device on DDLA1 Firmware, then you need to check that KIES is on the latest version or not.
Note: Please note that after clearing the cache from the recovery mode you will have to reconfigure the APN settings after updating the firmware to access the data services and the Internet services as all the Internet APN settings will be reset.
Congratulations, you have now successfully updated your pone with the latest version of DDLA1 Firmware in your Samsung Galaxy Y. Do let us know just in case if you face any issues in the comments section as we will try our level best to sort out the same.